1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.
These are probably some of the most powerful pictures I’ve ever seen and some hit close to home.
These statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau reflect how invaluable grandparents can be, but, in honor of their very own day, here’s some more reasons why:
Some of them are so in love.
Some of them are kind of silly.
Some of them are terrified of Japanese restaurants.
Some of them don’t understand Skype.
Sometimes they have Band-Aids on their faces.
Some are funny.
Some are beyond sweet.
And some are just plain awesome.
HAPPY GRANDPARENTS DAY!
Photo credit: imgur